Wednesday, August 19, 2015

WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE!

WELCOME BACK!!!

It's hard to believe that summer is coming to an end and that it is back to school time. I hope you have enjoyed all the wonderful things that summer has to offer, but I also hope you are as excited as I am for the start to a BRAND NEW school year! I am so excited and feel very proud that I will be part of such an exciting time for your child! 

I will be an important part of your child's life this year and I think you deserve to know a little bit about me! I was born and raised in Williamsport, PA. I live in Loyalsock Township with my husband, our son, our daughter, a dog, and two cats! We love to travel, explore the great outdoors, and stay active!

Third grade is such an exciting time as children will embark upon new adventures in the world of learning. This is a year of important transitions, as well as one in which acquisition of new skills is accelerated.

During third grade, your child will improve their reading skills, write stories, experience different ways to add, subtract, multiply, divide and so much more. All children learn and develop differently. I feel it is my responsibility as their teacher to discover the ways that each child learns best in order for them to reach their highest potential. 

Maintaining each child’s self-esteem and building a secure foundation for future growth will always remain a priority in our third grade classroom. Here are some ways you can help:
v Celebrate your child’s success, no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work!
v Look for and sign your child’s homework agenda book located in their STAR notebook.
v Read to and with your child every day. The more your child is exposed to language, the easier it will be for him/her to incorporate new skills in reading and writing in the classroom.  
                   
Keeping communication open with you is important to me, so please don’t hesitate to contact me with any concerns.  We are partners working together! My school website is an EXCELLENT place for resources and information (http://www.wasd.org/Domain/1046).  Also, please check out this classroom blog for the most up to the minute postings on what we are doing in 3rd grade, as well as important reminders! 

This blog address is http://forney3rdgrade.blogspot.com/ Bookmark it and use it often! 

I am excited for the school year to start so that we together can begin the process of creating lifelong learners!


WELCOME TO 3RD GRADE! 

This year is going to be AWESOME!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment